Are you a designer? Do you know any designers? YOUNGO thinks it’s time for a new logo, so we’re running a competition. Enter by 6 March 2015, and your logo just might end up representing youth climate activists worldwide!
YOUNGO needs a new logo! The YOUNGO Communications Working Group is renewing our YouthClimate.org website, so we thought it was an excellent time to come up with a (new) logo for YOUNGO. We decided to invite suggestions from the whole constituency, because we know there are a lot of really skilled people out there. We’d love to see what you come up with!
So, we are organising a competition. Do you think you can design a great logo for YOUNGO? We will consult the whole constituency, and together pick a winning entry, which will be used as a recognisable visual on the new YOUNGO website and YOUNGO’s Facebook and Twitter pages.
We’re looking for a logo, not a banner. We want something that we can use as a profile image on Facebook or Twitter, as a logo on our website, and as a letterhead when YOUNGO writes to people seeking sponsorship.
For this we call on your creative inspiration! Do you want to design a logo for the international youth climate movement? Here’s your chance!
Communication WG on website design : “Simpler is better!”
- All vector image, in the RGB color space
- Delivered in SVG format (Scalable Vector Graphics), including layers
- Also exported to PNG with transparent background
- State 1 or 2 main colors (hex) to use throughout branding (eg site menus & links)
TIP : inkscape is freeware for windows and mac osx, fulfilling those requirements.
- YOUNGO can freely use the chosen logo and derivatives indefinitely
- YOUNGO or its members may alter or edit the chosen logo in future
- Neither YOUNGO nor its members shall use the chosen logo in commercial trade
- Of course, you’re just licensing your work to YOUNGO and its members – no one else
- You’re welcome to use the chosen logo in a portfolio or similar, and say the International Youth Climate Movement or the youth constituency of the UNFCCC is using it!
How to Enter
- Submit your proposal by 2359 GMT/UTC on 6 March 2015 to email@example.com
- Make sure you comply with the technical specifications above!
- Entering a logo will be deemed to be agreeing to the terms of the Agreement above
What Happens Next?
- We’ll organise an indicative poll via YOUNGO’s social Media until 13th of March 2015
- The Communications Working Group will seek technical feedback from a web developer who has been helping us and discuss the entries at our next meeting
- By 2 April 2015, the Communications Working Group will announce the winning logo!